As your funeral director we will assist with the contact telephone numbers and addresses. Usually a death should be registered in area where death occurred, however, there may be exceptions to this.
Who can Register
- Close relative of deceased
- Relative in attendance during last illness
- A relative living in the district where death occurred
- A person present at death
- Medical Certificate of Death
- Medical card if available
- Birth Certificate or information regarding date of birth
- Marriage certificate if applicable
Information required to Register
- Date and place of death
- Full name of deceased (maiden name if applicable)
- Date and place of birth
- Occupation and home address
- If married, full name and occupation of surviving spouse
- Disposal Certificate for the funeral director.
- Social Security Certificate to be handed in at the DSS Offices with any pension books.
- Copies of Entry of Death for the bank, insurances. solicitors